Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Last year...

This time last year, I was on Maternity leave.  I remember how cold it was, there was frost on the windows and rooftops, the grass had frozen dew drops.  I remember thinking that the slope on the freeway onramp, looked pretty, landscaped with little pine trees and mulch, it looked so festive covered in frost.  Last year, I walked to the coffee shop by my house, we only had one working car, I was walking to try and hurry Delilah out, so I could meet her, so my life could be perfect.  I remember holding that warm cup of coacoa, and talking to her as I strolled back home, I asked her if she was cozy in there, is she was excited to come meet us.  February 9 was her due date, if she was actually born that day, she might have been okay.  This time last year, we were still full of hope and excitement, Sampson was till here, eagerly awaiting the arrival of his human little sister.  He would sit on my lap, nuzzle next to her lovely belly bump.  Now, he is gone too.  I miss them both so much. I want my daughter back so desparetely.  I've been overcome with sadness and anger, I just miss Delilah so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment