Friday, March 29, 2013

Valentines Baby


February 13, 2013 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life.  I went into labor and my daughter Delilah Sage was supposed to be born.  I had been looking forward to meeting her for nine months, enjoying her constant company, her little jabs and kicks.  She made life better, everything tasted better and I was mellowed out, I wasn't angry all the time, I was happy.
Sadly, that day didn't go as planned.  I went into labor early in the morning, it hurt like hell but at the end of the pain, my baby girl would be waiting.  When we got to the hospital, they said her heartbeat was sporadic, I got worried but the pain was so much that I had a hard time concentrating.  When my water broke, I was rushed to receive an emergency c-section.  Delilah was born but she was not breathing.  They managed to resuscitate her but she was severely anemic from Feto-Maternal Transfusion.  Some how, the placenta had reversed flow and put her blood back into me.
My baby girl was given multiple blood transfusions.  But she was not responding and her organs were starting to fail.  The morning after she was born, the doctor told us to be prepared, he would set up a room for us, she was starting to slip away.  I held her, and she felt so right in my arms.  I used to be afraid of holding babies but holding her felt so natural, she was my baby and I loved her, I didn't want to have to say god bye.  When I was holding her she managed to open her eyes and look up at me, she had big beautiful dark eyes.  They were only open for a little bit but I will never forget the way I felt looking into my daughter's eyes. 
I kissed her on her forehead and told her I loved her, I told her it was okay, that I would always love her.  She passed away shortly after.  I love you Delilah, you are the best thing that I was ever a part of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment