Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

I thought about what I would do for my husband for Fathers Day for a while.  Although he didn't do anything for Mother's Day (he doesn't celebrate it as his mother ran out on him) because he didn't even know when it was.  I wanted him to feel special and loved, he only had two weeks off before he had to go back to work after we lost Delilah.
I made him a card from Delilah and I got him a pair of Pumas that look like the pair that I had gotten Delilah.  The card was homemade, it was a picture I took of baby bunny and poppa bunny standing in their matching Puma shoes, it said: I LOVE DADDY is gold letters.  Although I think Delilah would have wanted a pink background, the picture sits on top of a marbled dark blue which sit on top of another sheet of dark brown.  I wrote a not from Delilah to her Daddy, telling him that she loves him and that he's the best, but most importantly that she'll be back and they can match shoes at that point.  I also put a little joke on there about her not being sure if Daddy can work shoelaces because they look real hard, her shoes are Velcro.  
I wasn't sure when to give them to him, before or after work?  Before would be hard because he would probably cry, after would be okay, but I didn't want him feeling "left out" the whole day.  I knew he was having a hard time the last few days, he was sadder than usual.  So last night before bed, it was midnight so it was technically father's day.  Before we said good night to Delilah, I pulled out his present and told him Happy Father's Day, and that Delilah wanted him to have something because she loves him.  He broke into tears, and cried, I held him.  He told me I didn't need to get him anything, I told him that I didn't, that Delilah got it for her Daddy because she wants him to know that he's the best!  He stared at the card and said he wanted to put it up on his locker at work.  I hope that makes him feel his daughter's love and brings him comfort at work.  He also liked the shoes, like a little kid, he wore them to work today.  
I hope he has a good day today, he is such a good man, and he tries so hard to take care of his family.  I love my husband so much, he is a wonderful husband and daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment