Monday, April 8, 2013

Acomplishment

When I was pregnant with Delilah I had set out to make her a blanket.   My husband teased me that she would be sixteen by the time I finished the blanket.  I have a history of starting and abandining projects.  I finished that crochet blanket (shown in "Nursery" post) and I was proud.  Then I made her a cloche hat with some of the left over yarn.  That was when I saw this fuzzy yarn at the Joann's Fabrics that I thought was so cute.   I tried to work with it but it proved too difficult.  It was dissapointing but I forgot about it.  Recently I've been crocheting hats to donate to the NICU at the Walnut Creek and Oakland facilities where Delilah received her care.  I found a pattern online that mentions incorporating the fuzzy yarn to make ears.  This made me think of the abandoned yarn.  I tried it.  Using the fuzzy yarn with regular yarn and a bigger gage hook.  It worked!  It sounds so dumb now, but this small accomplishment made me so happy.  I could finally make her the fuzzy hat.  When my baby comes back, she'll have that fuzzy hat that I wanted to make her.

No comments:

Post a Comment