Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Our Wedding Anniversary

May 29th. 2010, three years ago today, my husband and I took that big step and tied the knot.  The week was looking like it was going to rain and ruin our beautiful outdoor wedding but suddenly it all cleared up and we were lucky enough to have a beautifully clear and sunny day for our wedding. Happy Anniversary Honey, you're the best husband anyone can ask for.


A couple of months ago when he suggested that we do something for out anniversary I thought NO!  THERE"S NOTHING TO CELEBRATE!!!  But then he was hurt, he reminded me that we still had each other.  And that was so true, I was so stuck in my grief that I was blind to everything else.





Today we went horseback riding.  It was nice, we drove down to Big Sur and rode along a lovely meadow and down to the beach.  On the return trot back, I found my mind wandering.  I was thinking about Delilah and how she would feel about horses.  I had a feeling that she would have loved them, we would have signed her up for riding lessons and when we go horseback riding on vacations she would "teach her mommy and daddy" how to ride right.  I thought about how she would be happy that we were doing something and trying to enjoy ourselves.  I pictures her giving us each a kiss on the cheek.  I got misty eyed.

When my husband pulled over at the beach that we went to so many years ago when we first started dating, I was watching the ocean, the waves crashing in and washing away everything on the shore.  Just like that, it was all gone, just like all our dreams for our beautiful little girl.

Delilah is the culmination of of our love, we made her and she was beautiful like our love. Celebrating and being happy is only right, because of our love, such an awesome and beautiful baby girl was created.  We love you Delilah.

No comments:

Post a Comment