Friday, May 31, 2013

Farmers Market

Today my husband and I decided to check out the farmer's market in town.  It was lovely, the buzz of lots of people walking about, the smell of sweet fruit in the air, the warm sun and cool breeze, a taste of peaches here, cherries there.  We picked up some plums, peaches, kale, tomatoes, cherries.  After the peaches and plums, I heard her.
It was like I was looking in to the future I had dreamed up for my Delilah.  It was a little girl, with the exact hair that I had always pictured her with, in a cute little sun dress and cardigan from Carters.  She was asking her mom a question in that sweet curious sing song voice that I always imagined Delilah would have.  She was asking her mommy about what something was.  She was so adorable.
I wanted to cry, I did cry.  I lost all interest in the farmers market, I suddenly noticed all the young families, all the little children.  I thought about Delilah and how she would have loved the farmers market.  She would insist on bringing her little red wagon to help us carry to groceries.  When we buy a flat of strawberries, her daddy would tell her not to eat any yet until they are washed.  She would sneak one from her wagon when she is riding along with the groceries.
I thought about all my dreams for her and all her antics that we will miss out on.  I miss Delilah, I miss her so bad.  My beautiful little girl, my hopes and dreams.  

No comments:

Post a Comment