Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Thunder Theif

This probably sounds insane to anymone but me.  But I am mad at the Thunder Theif.  When my husband and I conceived we were excited but didn't tell our family right away.  We wanted to wait until we got past 12 weeks.  But what do you know, SIL went out and got herself knocked up.  The inlaws had a big verbal brawl, nasty words were exchanged and the solution to their discord was a shot gun wedding.  The date for the gun to be fired, the day of our baby moon.  So SIL is the center of attention and our baby gets put in the back.  After the wedding everything revolved around that family, sure we're pregnant too but we had to trek it over to their place for the holidays and such cuz she's a month and a half further along.  When SIL goes into labor and has her baby, we sit and wait at the hospital for hours, sure I'm tired and uncomfortable but it's ok, SIL is more important.  Resentment fills me up, it's illogical but I feel my daughter's thunder was stolen, she was the planned first grand child, and now my baby is gone and the Thunder Theif is still here.  He gets all the attention.  He stole her thunder so she would not be able to fight away the badness.  FIL loves him so much, FIL who told us to get rid of everything in my daughter's room.  I'm mad at Thunder Theif but it's so dumb because he didn't do anything wrong.  He's just alive while my Delilah is not.   

No comments:

Post a Comment